Wednesday, February 14, 2007

TRAIL or DESTINATION?

A comment about the prevous posting 'Sermon on the Mount.'

Isn't it just like life - some of us pass quickly by what seems familiar to us, eager to get 'somewhere.' We are destination focused, we are goal oriented people (notice I include myself). I don't know about you other goal oriented people, but I have little patience with or understanding of those who just enjoy the trail, and could care less where it takes them, or even if there is a destination.

I am sure they just as well can't understand us. Yet, on this hike, I came to appreciate many dimensions of these disciples that I had not seen before.

Maybe highlight for me was the girls up until nearly 4AM, laughing, giggling, shouting, really enjoying themselves (except for one - snoring!).

Sheep and shepherds come in all kinds of packages, each one precious to God. Know that it is he that has made you and not you yourself, and he delights in you! You are the sheep of his pasture! See Psalm 100:3.

No comments: