Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ai Yao

I had my last session this school year with two Chinese teachers. One became a Christian while still in China, and was well tutored by a foreign missionary. The other received Christ during a school retreat. This second one, Ai Yao, will return to China. My mission has been to prepare her to return to a family and community that does not know Christ. She says she knows of no Christian or church in her place!

So when Dennis Balcombe. who been missionary in Hong Kong for nearly 40 years, quite well known for his ministry in mainland China since as soon as China opened to foreigners again, came to Surabaya, I was keen to get her connected to him and the China church through him.

This happened this past week with meetings with Dennis on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I was privileged to have several meals with Dennis and pick his brain on many topics. I was pleased to find that he is a down-to-earth guy.

Ai Yao will be returning to China this week, and now has contacts. I have been feeding her in weekly Bible studies whenever I am in Surabaya, and Mary, the other Chinese teacher, has also been having Bible studies with her. I am excited about the prospects of miracles following Ai Yao as she prays for people and God demonstrates His power, and her being able to have home Bible studies that will turn into churches.

No comments: